Estes Park Duck Race Official Entry Rules
- Ducks will be launched into Fall River at or near Nicky’s Restaurant at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Race Day. The finish line is in downtown Estes Park. The race course will be established by the Presenter. The Presenter is The Rotary Club of Estes Park, Colorado.
- The number of ducks entered in the Race will be determined solely by the number adopted. Chances of winning are determined by the number of ducks adopted and the number of prizes available.
- The Adoption is only activated when the completed Entry is accepted by the Rotary Club of Estes Park prior to the commencement of the Duck Race. Entries must be complete with a readable first and last name, email address, and phone number to be entered in the race.
- In the event that any portion of the Adoption Entry is illegible, incorrect, or unclear, the Presenter shall use its best judgment to complete the Entry. If any portion of the requested information is missing or can’t be determined by the Presenter, the donation is accepted but the Entry doesn’t get entered in the Race.
- Each duck will be related to a specific Adoption Entry. One Entry shall be completed for each duck adoption. The person whose name appears on the Adoption Entry corresponding to a winning duck will be awarded a prize based upon the order that ducks are retrieved at completion of the Race. The number of winning ducks is determined by the number of available prizes.
- No purchase is necessary to win. One free Adoption Entry per household may be obtained by contacting The Rotary Club of Estes Park at P.O. Box 1226, Estes Park, CO 80517. Include a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope. The Adoption Entry must be accepted by the Presenter one day prior to Race Day to be entered.
- Adoptions are available for purchase on Race Day up until 12:00 p.m.
- All proceeds after deducting administrative costs of $2.00 for on-line and credit card entries, less 5%, go to the named charity on the Adoption Entry. If no charity is named, that amount will go to The Rotary Club of Estes Park Foundation.
- All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
- Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. Attempts may be made by the Presenter, and only the Presenter, to keep the ducks moving. It is possible that some ducks may never complete the Race, due to natural hazards or impediments in the river. Such circumstance is purely random.
- Prize winners will be posted on the prize boards at the Wheel Bar as the ducks finish and posted on the epduckrace.org website after the race for you to check if you are a winner. Winners will be notified by email. A list of winners and prizes awarded can be obtained on the Presenter’s website: (www.epduckrace.org) the day following the Duck Race.
- Winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without compensation.
- Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries. Entrants must supply a valid email address with your Duck Adoption to be eligible for a prize. Please whitelist or allow email from email@example.com. Should your email address change after you enter the race and before the winner notifications are sent by email, you can change your email address by emailing your name and old email address to firstname.lastname@example.org from your new email address.
- Prize letters will be sent via email and will instruct winners how to redeem their prize(s). If you have not received your prize notification or the email prize letter, you must contact email@example.com prior to June 15. Prizes must be redeemed by the Expiration Date on the prize notification. Any taxes or costs for shipping and handling the prize after award are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering, winners acknowledge that the Presenter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize.
- By adopting a duck, the purchaser acknowledges that credit card charges cannot be disputed after the date of the duck race. The person purchasing this Adoption Entry should consult his/her tax advisor regarding any tax deductibility matters.
Duck Race Committee Approved 1/11/2018
Until Race Day!