Estes Park Duck Race Official Entry Rules
- Ducks will be launched into Fall River at Nicky’s Steakhouse approximately 1:00 p.m. on Race Day. The finish line and the racecourse will be established by the Presenter. The Presenter is The Rotary Club of Estes Park, Colorado.
- The number of ducks entered in the Race will be determined solely by the number adopted. Chances of winning are determined by the number of ducks adopted and the number of prizes available.
- The Adoption is only activated when the completed Entry is accepted by the Rotary Club of Estes Park prior to the commencement of the Duck Race. Entries must be complete with a readable first and last name, and valid email address and phone number, to be entered in the race.
- In the event that any portion of the Adoption Entry is illegible, incorrect, or unclear, the Presenter shall use its best judgment to complete the Entry. If any portion of the requested information is missing or can’t be determined by the Presenter, the donation is accepted but the Entry will not be entered in the Race.
- Each duck will be related to a specific Adoption Entry. One Entry shall be completed for each duck adoption. With a properly completed Quack Pack Entry, a sixth duck will be entered with every five paid Adoptions, as described on Presenter’s website. The person whose name appears on the Adoption Entry corresponding to a winning duck will be awarded a prize based upon the order that ducks are retrieved at completion of the Race. The number of winning ducks is determined by the number of available prizes.
- No purchase is necessary to win. One free Adoption Entry per household may be obtained by contacting The Rotary Club of Estes Park at P.O. Box 1226, Estes Park, CO 80517. Include a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope. The Adoption Entry must be received and accepted by the Presenter one day prior to Race Day to be entered.
- Online Adoptions are available for purchase on Race Day up until 1:00 p.m.
- $19.00 of each paid Adoption goes to the named Participating charity or organization on the Adoption Entry. If no such charity or organization is named, that amount will go to The Rotary Club of Estes Park Foundation.
- All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
- Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. However, attempts may be made by the Presenter or its designated agents, and by no one else, to keep the ducks moving. Such attempts shall not be deemed to be interference in the race. It is possible that some ducks may never complete the Race, due to natural hazards or impediments in the river. Such circumstance is purely random.
- Prize winners will be posted on the epduckrace.org website after the race for you to check if you are a winner. Winners will be notified by email. A list of winners and prizes awarded can be obtained on the Presenter’s website: (www.epduckrace.org) the day following the Duck Race.
- Winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without compensation.
- Entrants assume the risk of non-delivery of any entries. Entrants must supply a valid, legible email address with your Duck Adoption to be eligible for a prize. Please whitelist or allow email from DuckCentral@EPDuckRace.org. Should your email address change after you enter the race and before winner notifications are sent by email, you can change your email address by emailing your name and old email address to DuckCentral@EPDuckRace.org from your new email address.
- Prize letters will be sent via email and will instruct winners how to redeem their prize(s). If you have not received your prize notification or the email prize letter, you must contact DuckCentral@EPDuckRace.org prior to June 15 in order to claim your prize. Prizes must be redeemed by the Expiration Date on the prize notification. All taxes, and any costs for shipping and handling the prize after award, are the responsibility of the winner.
- By entering, winners acknowledge that the Presenter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of the prize.
- By adopting a duck, the purchaser acknowledges that there are no refunds of any kind after checkout, and credit card charges cannot be disputed. The person purchasing the Adoption Entry should consult his/her tax advisor regarding any tax deductibility matters.
Duck Race Committee – Effective 4/2/2022
Until Race Day!